01 09 10

Friday, May 10, 2013

MEXICO

"MEXICO lindo y querido," words that are true. When I was six years old I told my dad I wanted to go to Mexico for the summer. He looked at me said yes and shrugged it off thinking that I would forget, I didn't. My six year old self had made up it's mind and even if it was alone I wanted to go. I knew that once there I would be with my grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, and eat the best food....in other words paradise. My dad tried to convince my brothers to go but they didn't want to. So they bought my ticket and I packed my bags. I remember being so excited, but once I got to the airport I remember feeling very scared. I had been preparing for this adventure but now I actually was going and I was unsure if I could do it. I didn't want to show fear though (stubborn since I was born) I never liked people to see me cry and I knew my parents themselves were scared so I held everything in. We were at LAX and back then you were allowed to go through security and see people off. Also because I was under age they gave me a bright orange badge/necklace that had all my information. I was about to be handed to an airport official before I boarded the plane, and there with my teddy bear Paolo one hand and Keroppi tin box in the other I hugged and kissed my parents goodbye holding back all my tears. I couldn't break, because if I did they would too, and that would make it harder. I said my goodbyes and walked out to the platform. I couldn't hold back my tears after I turned around. They rushed down my cheeks. I didn't turn back, I didn't want my parents to see, but I could feel there eyes on me as I boarded the airplane. I arrived to Mexico saw everyone there to pick me up and I was happy. I was there for two weeks. During those two weeks I was spoiled rotten by everyone around me. I enjoyed every moment. Missing my parents of course here and there but after those two weeks they, along with my two brothers at that time, joined me. That was the trip that I fell in love with Mexico, and I wanted to do that all over again. So I did  the next summer, and some more after that.
I've always been afraid that my kids would not have the same opportunity to know of where their grandparents came from, to not speak Spanish  and or to lose the culture. I was super blessed to find my Mexican hunk and he shares the same enthusiasm to have our kids grow up with the Mexican culture even if we do end up living here in the States.

We went to Queretaro, where David grew up. It truly is a beautiful place. Most people think all of Mexico is ugly, dirty and filled with crime at every corner. It is not. Like everywhere in the world there is good and bad places. As long as you know where is what you will be fine. If you don't believe me look for yourself. We had an amazing time.







One of my favorite parts, the fruit. I was seriously in heaven.







He was extra cuddly with grandma


Right before he pulled half his grandpa's hair out



He loved playing with his grandma
and hanging out with his aunts and uncles





My handsome brother!



Baby David found some fun reading material at the yogurt shop

The week went by so fast I barely felt it. I also was bummed because I got really sick the last two days and ended up going to the doctor, and so I could not proceed with me eating everything in sight. I am so fortunate to have such great in-laws. They are seriously the best. They nursed me back to health and spoiled us the whole trip. I have so much to thank them for, especially their Baby David. I know he is the man he is today because of them. Also the love they show towards me and my family is incredible. I am so blessed to have them in my life. Baby David is going to miss his grandparents a ton and so are we!


 Here is a short video so you can see more of our trip
                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment