01 09 10

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

1st Party



Saturday was our Baby David's first birthday party. After all of my mother and I's (mostly her) hard work I think we pulled it off. Of course it didn't all go as planned. First off, I think I got a bit carried away with the excitement of having my camera again that the battery ran out. As I went to charge it I realized that my mom brought the wrong charger. It was my fault of course.(Who the heck has a charger they don't need in the same case???) I was WAY bummed. We went to the mall to search for a charger and not ONE store had it. I soon got over it and so once again I had my trusty little Ipod to do all the work( and to be honest I didn't even take the pictures.......yep had, because not only did the screen get cracked this weekend but the charger ALSO is not working.....oh and a side note just today the baby smacked David's kindle and the screen also broke...I think it's a sign. Technology is finally hating me back. Another misfortune was that we could not get helium for some of the balloons. My mom brought everything from the States so that it would be easier and they agreed to blow up the letter balloons but they wanted to charge almost FOUR dollars for the regular ones...and then they said that they wouldn't even blow them up so I guess price wasn't even the issue there...Who knew air could be so expensive!  ANYWAY back to the party, it went so well aside from these little and truly insignificant things that happened. The party was still a success and we made it work. I now know what it feels like to host a party, and to be honest, it is not the easy. You want everything to go well, you want everyone to be happy, you need to serve blah blah blah. Regardless I had a blast and was so happy to have so many friends and my mom there. The party would not have been what it was without my wonderful amazing mom. She made, as always, the most delicious food and helped me with the decorations. It all came out how I wanted it to.
My mom left today. I hate saying goodbye to my mom. I hate seeing her cry and I hate crying. I at least am lucky enough to see her as often as I do and be so far away. 

So here are some of the pictures that we were able to get and I was able to steal off of some people's Facebook. I was lucky to have Aurore, a friend take  a bunch of videos and pictures so I could have one less thing to worry about.







As always Eben and Jessica helped us and did SO much for us. Eben provided the music and Jessica made the DELICIOUS cake for the party!


All sweets and goodies we had



With his Grandma and Brazilian Vovo

Opening his first present with his new friend Yuri






Baby David enjoyed all the food and company



We had some fun with some classic, pin the tail on the donkey and musical chairs for the kids and adults






All the cheering and yelling during the game got him a little upset.....he got over it once he saw the pinata








Baby David had no clue what was going on but loved all the attention he was getting and was happy to have other kids there. As I mentioned before there is nothing better than seeing and feeling the love others have for your child. That day I saw and felt it for sure. I feel so blessed to have the chance to live in such a beautiful country and get the opportunity to build relationships with such wonderful people. I love them so much. I dread the day I have to leave. I'm going to stop thinking about that and just continue to enjoy it. Thank you again to everyone that came and be with us on this special day for us. It meant the world to us!


No comments:

Post a Comment